Security and Privacy
Yes, the Symphony uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol to encrypt the information entered on your order form prior to transmission over the Internet. SSL is the industry standard for secure commerce transactions. You can place your online order securely provided you are using an SSL-compliant browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.
Patrons with Disabilities
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available for Davies Symphony Hall and may be ordered online, in person, or by phone. For assistance, please contact Patrons Services at 415-864-6000.
- Assistive Listening Devices: Sennheiser listening devices for the hearing-impaired are available at the Davies Symphony Hall coat check room, Box Office entrance. Headsets are free of charge.
- Large-print Programs: Please call 415-503-5461 at least 5 business days prior to your performance and specify the number of programs needed.
- Braille Programs: Please call 415-503-5461 at least 21 days prior to your performance and specify the number of programs needed.
San Francisco Symphony concerts are appropriate for adults and older children, as silence is required throughout the performance. Most concerts are not recommended for children younger than age 12. Audiences of all ages are welcome at Concerts for Kids, holiday programs for families, and outdoor events. Music for Families concerts are recommended for children ages 7 and older. All concert attendees must have a ticket. Patrons of any age disturbing other concertgoers will be asked to leave.
The SFS accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
You can purchase tickets with cash by visiting the Box Office in Davies Symphony Hall.
Ticket orders that specify mail delivery will be sent out the next business day via First Class Mail.
Will-Call tickets are available for pickup at Davies Symphony Hall Box Office the next business day or on the day of the concert, whichever is sooner. If you are picking up your tickets on the day or evening of the concert, please arrive thirty minutes in advance.
Print-at-Home Tickets will be e-mailed to you within 10-15 minutes of placing your order.
We recommend you check back again, as tickets often become available just before the concert.
A limited number of Rush tickets will be sold in person at the Box Office window during regular business hours on the day of select concerts. Rush tickets are $25 each, limit two per person. Tickets are subject to availability and are not available in all sections. Rush Hotline: 415-503-5577. Call to receive availability for Rush tickets after 6pm on the day before the concert, or after 6pm on the Friday before weekend concerts.
When you shop for tickets, you are "holding" real inventory. No one else can purchase those tickets unless you release them. To be fair, we've implemented a time limit during the checkout process. If you exceed the time on the page, the tickets you are holding are released for others to purchase.
Let us assist you: 415-864-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost Tickets, Donations, Ticket Exchanges
What do I do if I lose my tickets? You will receive replacements for lost tickets, free. Just call 415-864-6000 and we will have a duplicate set waiting for you when you arrive for your concert.
Donate your tickets by calling 415-864-6000 up to one hour prior to the performance. The total ticket value is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. If you reach us after hours, leave a message regarding your ticket information and we will handle the donation for you.
For your convenience, we offer ticket and parking voucher exchanges for most Davies Symphony Hall concerts, subject to availability. We encourage you to exchange your tickets as early as possible. Exchanges must be received by Patron Services 24 hours in advance of the performance date.
See below for fees and restrictions.
Exchange in Person: Bring your tickets to the Davies Symphony Hall Box Office on Grove Street, between Van Ness and Franklin.
By Phone: 415-864-6000
By Fax: 415-554-0108
By Mail: Patron Services, Davies Symphony Hall, 201 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102
- Please include a note with the date, time, location, and the number of tickets you are exchanging and the desired date, time and location that you want to exchange them for. Please list at least two choices of alternate performance dates and sections.
- Include a name, patron number, daytime phone number, and credit card number (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) with expiration date.
- Exchanges are free for subscribers who exchange in person or by mail.
- Subscribers - $12 for each phone or fax exchange
- Non-subscribers - $20 for each exchange
- Exchange requests for a higher-priced performance or section will be charged the difference.
- Exchange requests for a lower-priced performance or section will be considered a donation or can be applied to additional ticket purchases in the same transaction.
- All other exchanges of discounted tickets require upgrading to a full-price ticket and paying the difference in price.
How do I print my tickets?
Print-at-Home tickets require that you’ve installed Adobe Reader, version 7 or later, on your computer. Adobe Reader is a free program for viewing PDF files. Download Adobe Reader. Once you have Adobe Reader installed, open the PDF attachment that contains your tickets. Click "File" then "Print."
Typically, you should receive your tickets within 10-15 minutes of placing your order. If you do not receive your Print-at-Home tickets within 2 hours, please contact Patron Services at 415-864-6000 or email@example.com.
Please contact Patron Services at 415-864-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Duplicate tickets will be held at the Box Office for pick up on the day of the concert. You will be asked to show a credit card and photo ID.
You can reprint your tickets from the original e-mail. However each ticket’s barcode only allows one entry into the hall. If you lost your ticket at home, we suggest you reprint from the original e-mail. If you are unsure where you lost your tickets and it’s possible someone may try to use the tickets, please contact Patron Services and we’ll arrange duplicate tickets for you to pick-up on your concert day. However, this will invalidate the barcode on your Print-at-Home tickets. You will be asked to show a credit card and photo ID.
Print-at-Home tickets are available for most concerts at Davies Symphony Hall but they are not always available for events that take place in other venues. Also, if you add parking to your order, we are not able to offer the Print-at-Home option.
You may pre-order beverages at Davies Symphony Hall by calling 415-252-1937. Your beverages will be placed in the main bar area before the concert or during intermission, as requested. You may also pre-order beverages for intermission upon arrival to the Hall. Table service is provided to our Loge patrons. Side Box patrons may also call in advance to arrange for beverages to be delivered directly to their box.